Saturday, September 27, 2014

dull roots and summer rain

Hello meine lieben! First of all let me preface this by saying I took forever trying to format this pictures and then said "fuck it" and made them into collages. And also the delay between my last post and this one has been absolutely terrible and I have no excuses except that I've been hard on the studying grindstone. It's insane that the work is already piling up this quickly. I am more than happy to be back at it, despite how stressful it can be. So in honor of the fact that's an overcast day here I wanted to share these photos from another overcast day I had the summer exploring with J.

This is little spot happens to be his hometown, and I use the term 'town' lightly. It's closer to what I would call a neighboring community. Anyhow, it's right on the ocean, as are most smaller out-port communities in Newfoundland. However I had never explored it much so he decided to show me around. Despite what most people close to me may think, I actually adore being outside. I love running and hiking and camping and just taking in what the beautiful landscape of Newfoundland has to offer.
 The day went between being bright yet overcast and stormy and grey. Which, if anyone knows me, is my absolute favorite weather. So I guess it's good fortune I live in Newfoundland where the weather is like this a good chunk of the time.
Going over these photographs again makes me realize I really need to make more/better use out of my camera. Even beyond my want to document my life more I think I could get pretty good at it with practice and I especially liked taking these picture to share with you all because I don't find people (ok, tourists) really focus on photographing Newfoundland beyond it's main attractions and really appreciate how rugged and beautiful and wild it still is here. I think even if and when I do move from this province part of me is still always going to belong to ocean and cliffs.




Surprised that the macro function on my camera works fairly well!


cliffs, J taking a panorma + mushroom
 Anyone out of my readership ever been to Newfoundland? Interested in going at all?

Make any recent outings yourself?
r.








No comments:

Post a Comment