Friday, September 5, 2014

Weekly Musings #2: back to the grind and autumn

image credit: tumblr
Hello again lovelies! Though my first week back to classes was only a half week, it was still hectic as crap. So many forms to be hurriedly dropped off at a variety of buildings, wading through a sea of first years to get my bus pass, long days spent shopping restocking the pantry and picking up last minute school supplies.

back to the grind: like I said, it's only been a half week for me but it still felt pretty chaotic adjusting to university life back in the city again. Beyond that I'm a person who thrives with a routine, and I had missed the feeling of having academia related stuff n' things on my plate so all in all I'm ecstatic to be back. All my professors and courses this semester are great and I'm really looking forward to the study grind.

autumn: though the weather in NL has been moodily switching between summer and well, rain, I'm counting the days to cooler weather. I can wear all the layers, and plaid, break out my L.L. bean and chelsea boots, drink tea without feeling like I'm going to melt, wonder at the beautiful Newfoundland fall sunsets and the changing leaves ugh, fall is the best. And at the risk of sounding totally ~white girl~: hello pumpkin spice everything.

new reads: my lovely roommate who shares the lower portion of the house with my is an education major and took a bunch of english courses with some pretty rad novels. For some reason, it's one hundred times better to read somebody else's books instead of your own. So right now I'm chucking through Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratcehtt and Marget Atwood's the Handmaiden's Tale and loving them both! My daily commute to and from campus on the bus finds me nose-deep in them. 



me and my feet on campus; my image
honorable mentions:
 keeping a tidy room   planning my fall wardrobe   pretty mornings waiting for the bus   how beautiful my campus is this time of year   night time showers and stretching  wearing my favorite cozy striped shirt (see right) to death   travel mugs   nude nail polish   sitting down to supper every day with my roommates 
• again with the roommates related but laughing with them is the best  new pens •  organizing my calender • comfy mornings in my queen bed • chatting with strangers • rediscovering old music • wandering onto picturesque parts of the campus building that remind me of Dead Poets Society 

link love:

• This poem. 
• Does anyone want to be a doll and buy me these gorgeous page dividers for my filofax? 
• I've been looking at Kara O'Keefe's flickr stream (she's a local NL photographer) all day; her photography style is so dreamy.
Revisiting this video again as a self reminder; Eartha Kitt speaks the truth.
• Finch & Fawn are my new favorite read! Kiana's style is everything I want. 
• I would like this to be my fall uniform. 



What's been keeping your week wonderful?
r.

No comments:

Post a Comment