Thursday, January 22, 2015

style: winter blues


Hello babes! So I took the advantage of my free morning to actually post an outfit. This is something new to me and I'm doing it in the hopes it'll help me reflect and refine my style. Part of being on campus (and also living in Newfoundland) is striking the right chord between practicality, comfort and style. I'm still trying to figure out what elements feel the most 'me', which is more of a challenge than I thought. I've always been a big believer that your clothes and personal style are an excellent form of self expression and I was always slow to the game on it. I can always recognize uniqueness and originality in others but I find it hard when it comes to me because I want to wear 50 different identities at once. 

So, yeah, it's a slow process. Reflecting on this outfit: I like the layers; as a busty girl finding ways to dress your boobs (let's be frank here, that's what you have to do) is not always easy and I'm drawn towards more masculine aesthetics anyways. Again, striking the right chord isn't always easy. 

This is just casual-ness for a day of volunteering, picking up some odds and ends and running to my psychology of sexual health class. Button up shirts are my best friend, not going to lie. As are the Blundstones I'm going to throw on with this. I'm going to do a review of those real soon, truthfully because they are SUCH a cold/wet weather essential. 



pearls & earrings - gifts // jeans & oxford button down -GAP // sheer gardigan - F21


Not pictured, the kickass vintage cabin sock I threw on after. Coziness is key. 

Apologies for the mirror pics, I'll try to find a better venue for photographs soon! Hope you're all having a lovely day!
r.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment