Thursday, January 8, 2015

Weekly Musings #5: Fresh Fallen Snow & Good Vibes edition

coffee date with J
Hallo meine leiben!
My first week back into the semester is almost at an end and I wanted to touch base since I've been at a pretty good place since I got back in town and back to classes. Just decompressing by writing this up before I hit the books to do some light work. Keeping ahead of my studies has been a resolution of mine but more on resolutions later.

No math classes: Yes, ladies and gents for the first time in my academic career thus far I am doing NO math related courses of any kind. This is a pretty huge deal for me since I've had to haul ass to do okay in math since I can ever remember. Not having to devote so much more time and energy to that subject area gives me so much relief and I'm feeling like I'm going to be focusing on my other courses so much better this term, because well, no anxiety from maths. (?!)


General feel good vibes for life: Not a big specific event or anything but despite a few setbacks mentally and feeling pretty damn homesick for time with my parents and cats I'm feeling pretty darn good overall. I've been prioritizing the things that keep me if not happy (because constant happiness isn't like a thing and it's not achievable or realistic anyways???) but very content. Re: keeping my room clean and lighting rad candles, keeping up with my bullet journal, making baby-steps in establishing healthy habits and prioritizing school work and me-time equally. I'm hoping I'm going to be good about keeping this up because I've been digging this mentality.

honorable mentions● walks with J under fluffy-falling snow ● having J back after the holiday spent apart 
 white christmas lights to decorate my room with ● again, yes scented candles (so good) ● Mac Demarco; seriously, I'm just really digging his music and I haven't resonated with new music in a long time so this is loverly' feeling ● my Blundstones (doing a seperate review post of these because damn such a good investment ● vanilla bean lattes ● re-watching House M.D. ● feeling enthusiasm towards all my courses this term ● sleepovers and cuddles ● being better at staying hydrated ● bullet journal good-vibes ● getting back at the workout grind ● similarly, that sore muscle feeling ● nifty new practical bags and totes ● my general sense of gratefulness ● plans for drinks with rad people this weekend ● new calendars ● crosswords on the bus home ● my supportive amazing parents ● oversized knit infinity scarves ● feeling inspired writing-wise ● new workout kicks ● blue sharpie pens

link love
campus in the snow

● I wasn't kidding about Mac Demarco; this song is currently on repeat as is Blue Boy
● New hair goals

● This lovely website, run by the darling Kat; such an amazing, motivational and useful resource for all students - hello tried and true study tips!

● Linking you 
this tag on my tumblr for movie master-posts because what's better than curling up with tea or coffee, snacks and kick-ass movies?

That's all for now folks; what have been the highlights of your week been?
                               r.

No comments:

Post a Comment