Friday, July 31, 2015

weekly musings #7: summer smash


             It's been awhile since I touched base with a weekly summary post, and admittedly this is more of an amalgamation of photos over the last two weeks.  I've been mostly just trying to enjoy summer and the brief intervals of warm days we get. This has got to be the worst summer we've had in like, a decade. For example, it's 12 degrees today and I'm wearing double layers and wool socks. What have Newfoundlanders done as a people to deserve this????

the boreal diner: So, Fixed Coffee Company from town has has got a couple people scouting out this area and they're going to be opening full time next summer. But, they've graced us with a taster opening all this week with the most amazing coffee (holla' @pour over) and delicious menu. Think blueberry & brie and mozzarella & pesto sandwiches and spicy black bean tacos. It's going to be such a great addition to the area and at least for a week I'm glad to have coffee that isn't instant shit. 

the gig life: This has been a good summer for me scoring gigs and I've been enjoying playing for artists readings and at art galleries. I keep meeting really incredible artists and getting showered in compliments is good for the ego. Also, bless good tippers. I've been stretching my repertoire to throw in songs I've always really loved but never took the time to learn and it's a really satisfying feeling to finally play them for an audience. 

honorable mentions: ● savoring the sun when we get it ● comfortable, cozy layers on rainy days ● sooky kittens ● bullet proof coffee ● singing duets that I've always wanted to do ● laughing to the point of tears with my sister and her crazy dance moves ● consuming so many podcasts (I'm 20 going on 40-something) ● less makeup days ● re-watching Twin Peaks ● therapeutic letters ● old ladies who give sweet compliments ● doodling future tattoos ● finally registering for ~official~ majors and minor classes (!!!) ● planning my autumn wardrobe ● also, planning the decor for my new room ● new beginnings in general, truly ● good eyebrow days ● quiet reconciliations ● tiny revelations from my nightly writing ● successful gin cocktail experimentations  

link love: 
 ● Criminal podcast - I'm just linking the whole page with all episodes because it is just so good. Since I finished Serial I was looking for something else to fill my morbid-fascinations void. Podcasts are now my thing to listen to while cooking or doing filing at work.  ● Here is a link you should check out after listening to Criminal Ep. 23. That will give you a more in depth story but these photographs and letters are worth reading for a peek into our weird compulsions surrounding guilt and the supernatural. 
● Truly digging this black summer ensemble. Airy whites, begone. 
● I'm not getting engaged/married any time soon but this ring is pretty much my ideal nuptials jewelry. 

So, that's all from me for now folks, just enjoying this (eerily fast) hazy summer days. Over and out. 

xx.
r. 

No comments:

Post a Comment