Monday, August 10, 2015

touching base


          So, this is basically a faux weekly musings, if truth be told. I've been doing a lot better this summer documenting little snapshots of my day and rather than wait for a weekly summary I want to archive and frame these little snapshots while I have the moments fresh in my mind. In the same nature of my gratitude jar, I want warm, hazy memories to look back on when we're covered with snow once again. 

[left to right]
1. the peonies have finally bloomed in my mother's garden - they're honestly my favourite flower with their over the top bursting of blushing petals. if/when I get married that's what my bouquet will be: a lush pick of peonies. 
2. my parents moved their bedroom from the groundfloor to upstairs and the blue room downstairs is slowly but surely transforming into a cozy space full of records and books. but the addition of a print from one of my favourite paintings makes me like the room all the more.
3. I popped into the cafe I used to work at in highschool around the closing hours and ended up having a nice chat and a drink listening to lou reed with my former employer. i had also forgotten about his extensive collection of whimsical china ware. 

4. another shot of the beach from the walk along the water I mentioned in my last post. my crap phone camera does nothing to do the illuminated water justice but I thought I'd try. 
5. & 6. the view from my bedroom was a pretty good vantage point to snap shots and watch the twisting thunder clouds that caught us off guard a couple days ago.
7. & 8. two more beach shots - I couldn't resist. the waters of the atlantic were actually cool versus frigid and I was more than happy to hop around the (albeit slightly slimy) rocks for awhile. 
9. abandoned archway - I unfortunately don't know much about it or the building it stands in front of off the top of my head but I like it nonetheless. 



[left to right]

1. myself and the family drove up to clarenville to do some back to school shopping yesterday and my loveliest momma was kind enough to treat me to a duvet for my bed to bring back to town in a couple weeks. it's like sleeping wrapped in a hug. 
2. my horticulturalist parent's crop of strawberries have been candy sweet and absolutely perfect to pluck from the vine whenever wander around to our back yard. 
3. after telling my father that I wasn't particularly fond of porkchops, he went and proved a point by cooking one perfectly that I loved along with cous-cous and mushrooms & peppers. 
4. the blue room book cases illuminated by evening sunlight. one of my favourite views.
5. mussels were on sale. enough said. paired with white wine and great bread & butter it's pretty much the perfect appetizer in my mind. 
6. another pretty tea cup from the aforementioned visit to the cafe. 
7. sunny day views lying under my maple tree. 

hope august is finding you all well n' good. 

xx.
r   

No comments:

Post a Comment