Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Weekly Musings #4: Holiday Edition

Well hello my lovelies. I'm sure many of you can sympathize with me in terms of school being an absolute drainer this term. With volunteering and staying on top of my marks and making time for relationships blogging took the back burner. Which, with my intention to document my year more makes me a terrible person. Well, if not terrible, than disorganized.
Regardless I seriously hauled ass this term and improved my marks a whole bunch, which I am so incredibly proud of myself for doing. With another good term under my belt in the winter applying to psychology faculty (with acceptance) looks promising.

Without further ado however, I wanted to take some time to reflect on some things I've been appreciative of these past few weeks since cluing up my first semester and coming home. 



cozy room and stella artois // our christmas tree // MUN library // en route from the gym to aforementioned library

Being Home: This one seems fairly simplistic, but I've been reflecting on what home means to me a lot this year. Maybe it's because I am actually a professional nostalgic and Christmas just exasperates that but the whole beginning month of December was stressful to the enth' degree and it made me all that much more elated to be back in my childhood bedroom and spending quality time with my parents and sister, while having time to explore my tiny sea-side town all over again. I didn't realize how much I actually enjoyed my small-town roots.

Self-Care: Again, with the way finals and end of term projects and such caught up on me and I didn't have time to focus on the outlets that maintain my sanity. My diet, sleep schedule and general habits I have for taking care of myself slipped considerably. Being on break has given me the opportunity to getting back to eating vegetables and other wholesome food again, as well as getting enough sleep (sleep is so important to me now?!?!) Yoga and running are now back on track again and I've (obviously) started blogging again and journaling consistently and I'm starting to feel like myself again. I suggest that you all prioritize some self care this holiday season. I'm probably going to make a post about it, truthfully. 

not mine; credit to whomever

honorable mentions: ● bursting with ideas for new blog posts 
● white christmas lights to adorn my room with ● seeing Hey Rosetta! at my local theatre; seriously this was such an amazing, meaningful moment for me, they are probably one my favorite bands of ever ● decadent vegan brownies ● staying hyrdated ● beautiful, thoughtful gifts from J ● wrapping presents to Spotify christmas playlists ● making running progress ● kitten cuddles ● binge watching Mad Men ● quinoa-bread toast with homemade jam ● egg nog and rum (hella' great combination, get your juice on with this guys, seriously) ● new teas for chilly mornings ● actually reading for pleasure ● kindness from strangers ● Christmas trees in public establishments ● my dad's wonderful cooking (I'm sorry I talk enthusiastically about food so much) ● craft beer ● cozy mornings in bed  ● drinking enough water every day ● Christmas baking and tree decorating with my lovely momma ● stretching sore muscles 

link love
● Gala on "living out loud"  in the winter. 
● I really need to invest in a thick tweed-y coat like this one; anyone know where I can get one at a reasonable price?
30 movies to watch  with your relatives & co. this holiday. ● A Cup Of Jo's editor Caroline on being single for the holidays and how to survive it. (Kind of feeling this in a weird way since J is away for our whole break)

How's your holiday break been so far lovelies (if you are on break)? Everyone still as excited for Christmas as I am? Talk soon!
r.

No comments:

Post a Comment