Friday, August 29, 2014

weekly musings #1: back to school jitters and cliff jaunts

image credit: weheartit
Bringing back weekly musings with fervor and gusto; it's basically a less snappy version of miss Gala Darling's Things I Love Thursday (TiLT). I somehow prefer Fridays as the day to sum up the little tidbits that have been going in my life as well as some enjoyable links to fantastic things around the interwebs.
I would say I care about using the word 'interwebs' like a 12 year old, but I don't.
So without further ado.

back to school jitters: I have less than a week before classes start and though throughout most of the summer I was primed and ready to head back to campus, my apprehension at heading back to city life is rising. I have so many things left to do, new furniture to pick up, forms to hand in, house-cleaning to do, pick up a new bus pass, my head is spinning. Plus just general apprehension at finding my way around the buildings again, worrying if I'm going to have any crap professors this term. But mostly I'm happy to plan and organize and enthusiastically stock up school supplies. (Please tell me I'm not the only one who loves this.)

cliff jaunts: If I haven't mentioned it already I'm from a very small town on the island of Newfoundland and if you've never heard/seen of such a place before.. to put it mildly, we have a lot of space to explore. Most towns & cities here are right on the waters edge so J (the boyfriend) and I took a little walk around his hometown (which is about 15 minutes away from mine) and spent the day exploring the woods, beaches, brooks and cliffs. I got some lovely shots which I'll definitely share with you in the next couple days!

image credit: pinterest  

honorable mentions:
• intense workouts (leg day, get at me) 
• my morning cup of tea • the lovely rainy weather as of late • packing • fresh haircuts • laughing until I thought I wasn't going to breathe again • going to bed early • fruit and veg' smoothies in the morning • J and I both having short hair so we share/exchange hair products • morning cuddles and sookin' from the kitten • my skin finally deciding to clear up • strong brow game • homemade bread • reading at night • deep yoga stretches • bursting with ideas for blog posts • vines (don't even pretend some of them aren't hilarious) • having J home again

link love:
• How ridiculous anti-rape advice sounds when directed at men. • Amazing minimalist Bowie tattoo• Since I have a love and affinity for anything planner, moleskin or notebook related, Amy's review of the 'Seize the Day' planner by Iconic makes me swoon.  • Closure in Moscow is my new favorite group; Seeds of Gold is an amaaaazing song! • This comic. • Sneakers for fall• Because I love pasta recipes.

What's been making your week, darlings? 
r.

No comments:

Post a Comment